Scarecrows For Fall





Since returning from our trip I have been anxious to get back into the sewing room.  Last week was busy with laundry, grocery shopping, hair cut, pedicure, doctor's appointments, etc.  An endless list of things that all needed to be done after returning from our trip.

Saturday I went into the sewing room, brushed the cobwebs from my machine, blew the dust from the  ironing board and started sewing this little apron.



I remembered I had purchased this scarecrow fabric last year along with a small leaf print----just enough for Indigo Junction's Gathered To Fit pattern.  This pattern is a one size fits all which usually does not work for me but this is not bad.  I shortened the skirt about two inches but that was the only adjustment.



A little gathered pocket, pattern from The Perfect Apron by Rob Merrett, added a feminine touch. I usually have to wear an apron at least once to know if the fit is comfortable, will try it out this week  I think it may be a winner.

Colors are a little off in the pictures, I really need to take that photography class.

Keep calm and put your apron on,

3 comments:

  1. You always find the best fabric - love those scarecrows. I'm like you - I have to wear an apron for awhile and then usually have to make some adjustments.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fabric for fall!! Such a cute pattern too. I love making aprons ~ I never wear one though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous apron. I love the scarecrows.
    valspierssews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Be the first to comment!