.........and then there were twelve



Last week I joined the 2014 4th Annual NICU Charity Challenge to make twelve newborn/preemie hats in twelve days and donate them to a local hospital.  Since I lIke making hats and love all those precious little newborns, this seemed like a natural project to do.




Earlier I had purchased two skeins of Deborah Norville's Everyday yarn in Christmas red and a skein of Bernat's Pipsqueak with the intention of making a scarf.  Just enough for twelve little Christmas hats.  The fluffy soft Pipsqueak adds that special touch.  As I was running short on the red yarn I used two rows of the Pipsqueak instead of the one on the last two hats.  Wouldn't you know I like the last two hats the best.

A new pattern is offered each day of the challenge but I needed to make mine early and get on with the other three projects in my basket waiting to be finished.  If you are  interested in this project you can find the site here.

Yesterday I finished the last four and after Thanksgiving I will deliver them to the Baylor Grapevine Texas Hospital.  Wish I had more to give, maybe next year.

Until next time....



2 comments:

  1. I love the little hats. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make them. Also love your header - I want every apron pictured there. These are my favorite types of aprons.

    ReplyDelete

Be the first to comment!